Wednesday, November 16, 2016

They have grown up

They were little when I started this blog. Rebecca is in college and Noah is a senior in high school. Time does fly.

Monday, November 14, 2016

BMW 2002 Engine

Something a little different. Rebuilt this  1970 BMW 2002 engine, it runs and looks great!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Montesa 63M

Its been a long time since I posted anything, so I thought it was appropriate that I put the Montesa on here. I have had this bike for about 6 years. It started out as basket case I found in a junkyard. Finding parts for a 45 year old Montesa is difficult. After much searching and fabricating the parts I couldn't find, I worked on it for a couple of days and started it up. It runs great. I need to add a few nuts and bolts and adjust everything, and I am planning to take it out for a good ride next weekend. The satisfaction of finding something like this and putting it back together is great.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Suzuki GSXR 1000

Noah finishing up a few things.

Powdercoated the wheels, new tires, new brake lines, new levers, rebuilt the front forks and its ready to go.   All done and back from a test ride.

Friday, April 15, 2016

New look for a GSXR1000

Still need to change the brake lines and rebuild the front forks and it will be ready to ride.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Friday, October 23, 2015

Replacing GSXR clutch pushrod seal without splitting the cases!

       A 2007 GSXR1000 with broken chain and destroyed pushrod seal came to the shop.
This is always bad, because the cases have to be split, just to install a $10 seal.
I decided to come up with a better cheaper way. Some design and machine shop time later, I now have a proven way to install the seal in about an hour.

Old seal out

Tool jigged up and running

Surface milled and seal installed

New retainer and bike back together

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The correct part is important.

A GS750 came into the shop with a charging problem, it had been taken to another shop,but they couldn't get it to work.  
    This is the original part that was good.

The new wrong part,that was wired in wrong.
An 18 field stator will not work in a 12 field rotor. I replaced the old part and wired the regulator rectifier properly and it amazingly worked.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

RM 100 Rebuild

After powder coat, paint some new parts etc. A brand new 1979 RM 100


Thursday, May 28, 2015

1972 Yamaha 125

Barn Find !!
A good cleaning and a little bit of work and this will be ready to go.
I don't think this bike has ever been dropped or abused.
All original and check out the mileage .

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tuesday, March 24, 2015


The RM 100 will now be sporting an older style tank. The 1980 unit is a bit large and the lines aren't as good as the older models.