Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Weather Advisory

Big winter ice and snow storm in Indiana today. The kids had the day off from school, but I made it to the shop, to work on the cafe racer engine.

This is the same spot I photographed the blue cafe racer. I will be glad to see spring!!!!!
  These Honda CB750s never cease to amaze me. This engine has about 12,000 miles on it and as far as I can tell hasn't ran in at least 10 to 15 years, but it looks like new inside,with no signs of wear. After the head was cleaned, inspected, new valve seals, and reassembled we did a vacuum check and the reading was as usual 100%.
I painted the cylinders and head and snapped a photo. I should be able to reassemble the engine tomorrow.

It's hard to tell in this photo, but the cylinder and head are the same color as the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment