Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Montesa Parts and the Endless Build

Restoring an old dirt bike has taken more time than expected. I have been trying to find the correct fender mount for nearly a year and last week, I found three. The air box, seemed nearly impossible to find and yet I found it. John at Rocky Mountain Montesa has been great help, and Jared Bates at Southwest Montesa has been a wealth of information and parts as well.
  It doesn't help that I keep trying to rebuild or find new parts for just about everything. I am not happy with the condition of the fork tubes, so I ordered another pair. This build is going on and on and on.


NOS Cylinder Head

Abused original head

I had to hang this on the frame just to see what it looked like all together. This is one of the pieces that I felt was very important for this to be as close to original as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment