Monday, October 10, 2011

Great Trip to Barber Vintage Days

They saved me a parking space. Right out front!!!!

The trip to Barber Vintage Days was a great way to end the summer of riding. I had planned to trailer down a couple of bikes with Mark, but we decided to ride. I figured, what is the sense in having a great looking cafe racer, unless you take it for a ride. What a ride it was, the weather was great and Barber Motorsports Park is incredible.
We left Indiana at 2 pm on Thursday and rode until we were in Athens Alabama about 90 miles from our destination. After a short ride we arrived Friday morning. We set up camp and spent the day checking out the swap meet and other stuff. I went to the Cafe Racer TV area and arranged to have my bike in their area, along with some other very nice builds.
Saturday I took the bike to the Cafe Racer TV area and met Jason from Dime City Motorcycles, nice guy, but very busy trying to keep everything going great. They had a band, Ace Cafe from London was there as well as Cafe Racer TV. Ed the producer of Cafe Racer TV, took a few moments to talk to me also. They seemed to really be enjoying what they are doing. That's what made the whole event great. I went to the museum off and on all day, I will post some pics and more words about that later this week.
We rode 1175 miles over the weekend. The cafe racer ran great, smooth as silk and fairly comfortable. We are already planning the next trip. Maybe back to California.




Time to head back to Indiana.


No comments:

Post a Comment