Thursday, February 23, 2012

Akront rim will ride again.


I made a post about this wheel a while back. I had welded the holes that somebody had used to screw the tires on. I sanded it then polished it a bit and  then decided to give up, I thought it was too rough to save .

Well, as usual I refused to give up. Yesterday I grabbed it off of the shelf, sanded and filed some places, sanded some more,and polished it. I polished the hub and brake assembly, re laced it with some stainless steel spokes and voila. It looks great.  I probably have far more time and effort than this wheel would cost., but I think it is the original wheel and I wanted to keep it on the Montesa,
I have been working on the Montesa about 3 or 4 hours each night after finishing my regularly scheduled work day, and it is starting to pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment