Tuesday, April 3, 2012

1981 Honda CB900F

This CB900F has been setting several years, I think about 9 years by the date on the license plates. It made its way to my shop late yesterday in need of a diagnosis. Well it isn't too good but it's not too bad. Low compression on 2 and 3, probably a head gasket, hopefully no damage has been done to the head or cylinders. Carbs need cleaned and rebuilt. I was told it wasn't charging when it was parked. I'm guessing that didn't fix itself either. The silicone that was covering the inlet for the tach cable was hiding another problem.

I would like to put it back it back,close to original, maybe a 4 into 1 exhaust. Loose the center stand a set of superbike handlebars and maybe a new speedo and tach. Andy are you reading this?

Ready to leave the frame.





This is a bad thing. The casting for the tach drive is cracked.




No comments:

Post a Comment