Sunday, October 31, 2010

Progress on the Next Cafe Racer

I have made little progress on the next cafe racer, I have been sidelined by a few other projects and getting ready for the cold weather. I did finish fabrication of  a tank, which is always an important step  I have a little more work to do and it will be ready for some photos.
Several of the parts are ready to go to the powder coater, and a long list of needed parts is ready to be ordered.
I have had some time to make some drawings for this project and some others that I can start after finishing this Cafe Racer.
Another CB400F Supersport has found a new home in the warehouse also. I restored a blue one in 2009 for Mid Ohio vintage days, and sold it as soon as we arrived.
The CB400 Supersport has been one of my favorites bikes since the first time I saw one.
I hope to get the parts manual for the Montesa Cappra this week also. I need a front brake assembly, a kick starter, a front fender and bracket. The manual should shed light onto the exact pieces I am looking for.


Jared Bates from Southwest Montesa sent me some photos of a completed Cappra 250 MX. I can't wait to get mine together, hopefully I can take it to Mid Ohio Vintage Days in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment