Sunday, November 14, 2010

CB750 Cafe Racer has resumed.

After several projects got in the way, I am back onto my next Cafe Racer.
I removed the center stand mounts, the air box tabs and then started cleaning the frame. I left the rear peg mounts, because I plan to have a seat for two up riding, with a custom tail section for solo riding. There have been several times I would have liked to take one of my kids or Tami my wife for a ride on a Cafe Racer, but I have never left the rear pegs.
This frame had been painted once before, and I it looked like the paint had been applied with a mop. After 3 hours of cleaning and sanding it is ready for primer. I plan to work on it all week and have a rolling chassis before Thanksgiving.
I also took advantage of the great weather this weekend and took a short ride, possibly the last warm ride of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment