Saturday, November 27, 2010

Old Photos and friends

I found an old photo of me and two of my closest friends, at LA county dragstrip,when we still lived in California. The rider is Brian Taylor, in the middle, I am the tall guy and John Eminhizer is on the other side of Brian.
I met Brian in 1984 on a ride to the time trials for the Indy 500. Brian has probably rode more miles than just about anyone I know. He has rode everything from a GS550ES,an original Katana, GSXRs,  a couple of Buells a full dress Harley as well as several other bikes.
I met John on a project in Carmel CA in 1990. John is the original iron butt. He rode a GSXR750 across the US about 4 or 5 times, and then did it several more times on a GSXR1000.  I think his personal best was Richmond IN to Flagstaff Arizona stopping only for fuel and a quick bite to eat. Slept a few hours and went on into Los Angeles. He called me when he got to Brians house and I couldn't believe he was already there, but Brian confirmed it.
I think we got that old GSXR, in the photo,into the low 9s, not bad for no budget and no idea what we were doing..

No comments:

Post a Comment