Monday, January 3, 2011

Montesa Cappra MX

I actually went to the shop a couple of times this past weekend, and worked on some projects. I am working on the seat design for the two up cafe racer, and have nearly worked it out. I wanted to be able to take Tami or one of the kids for a ride also, but convert it back to a solo easily. I think a simple seat cowl and a custom seat, built on the stock pan, will be the most practical way to go.

Mark stopped by Sunday to polish some of the aluminum from his XS400 bobber he is building for his son. After he finished, we dragged the Montesa out of the corner and put it on a lift. That makes it official, the Montesa will be the next project to be completed after the cafe racer.

I now have the front wheel assembly, the right side cover and a few small items I needed. I still need to locate the correct rear shocks, new foot pegs, a kickstarter, and some cables and most importantly a correct air box assembly.

2011 should be a busy year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment