Monday, April 4, 2011

The Endless Winter

A couple of weeks ago, I thought winter was almost over. I was wrong. Then this weekend it began to warm up. I went to the shop early Sunday morning to try to get something done on a Cafe Racer project. I was inside for a few hours and then went outside and couldn't believe it was 70 degrees, although very windy. I had heard a few motorcycles outside, but had no idea it was 70 outside.
I did get quite a bit done, and I need to set some time aside and finish this project. Last year I built the blue Honda 750 cafe racer in less than 5 weeks, but I was able to work on it nearly every day and all through the weekends.
Another sign that summer is coming is a few guys I know got their dirt bikes out and went riding yesterday. Lee stopped by the shop and said he is just about done going through his Honda CRF450 and reminded me to get some new riding boots and a few other things I have been threatening to buy.
Then this morning there was more talk of riding yesterday.

Yep its official. Winter is over. Time to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment