Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pontiacs and Sheep

Tami and I have 5 kids. My friends Ryan and Beth also have 5 kids. Believe me they keep us busy.Then they become teenagers and the work doubles. We are alway taking them somewhere or fixing something for them. Yesterday we took on another job, we swapped the engine in their daughters Grand Am.  We left the shop at 11 PM after starting at 8 AM mission accomplished.
This all began about 5 months ago, when someone drove the car about 15 miles with no water in the engine.( A teenager from Ryan and Beths herd). How this happened was not explained to me. The first time I heard about was when Ryan said he needed me, my truck and a tow strap to meet me at the Hagerstown exit of I-70.

After some throwing of tools and ranting (Ryan) and wondering if the engine we picked up at the local junk yard would actually run (Me), it does.  I now know why I don't work on cars for a living. They are nearly impossible to work on. This said, this is the type of thing you do for friends and family.

I left for Washington DC this morning after about 5 hours of sleep, I thought I was tired until  I called Ryan to see if he was going to the shop. He said probably later, he needed to take a shower and get some rest, he hadn't been to bed yet. He had been in the barn all night with some of their sheep that were having trouble giving birth.

Now that is a full day....

No comments:

Post a Comment