Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Montesa Project

The Montesa 63M is underway, but finding a few parts is turning out to be difficult. The 63M had several one of a kind parts. The air box is similar to a Husky unit, the cylinder head is slightly different from other 250 Montesas, the seat is different from the more common VR models. The stock pipe is virtually impossible to find.so I think I will use a period correct down pipe. The one I have is also a white frame model, which I think looks great. I think this will be a great looking and rare bike when finished.
I have sandblasted and refinished the seat pan and the foam was in good shape, so Bob Snively will make me a new cover and have the logo silk screened on the back so it will be just like a new one.
I hope to have it all together by Mid Ohio vintage days, but it is going to be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment