Sunday, July 17, 2011

Andrew your Suzuki TS100 is running.

Today I hung out at the house and did some yard work. I went to the shop after a few hours of mulching and weeding, and there it was, a Suzuki TS100 begging to be fixed and ridden again.The Suzuki TS100 was a project that my buddy Mark was working on for his son Andrew at my shop during the spring. When it started , revved up uncontrollably then died, I told him it needed new crank seals. He was in denial but soon decided I was correct. Then he lost interest.
Two weeks ago I pulled the left side cover and magneto off and the seal was just hanging on the crankshaft. Then a couple of days ago I picked up a seal for the left side I installed it today and amazingly it started and idled. I always love it when an old discarded bike runs again.
I called Mark while it was running, and guess what, he said he will be over tomorrow to finish the Suzuki.

No comments:

Post a Comment