Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Montesa Continued

The 63M Montesa that I picked a few months ago, has been an on again off again project. Parts have been hard to find but Jared at Southwest Montesa has been a great help. He sent me some shocks and a piston kit today. The shocks are made in England and were valved and sprung to my weight. The spokes should be along any time and I have still been hoping to find an original pipe, if I don't find one in the next week or two I will have to order a down pipe which will take about 6 weeks to arrive once I place the order.

Since I now have the shocks,I hung the swing arm and started the assembly. I decided to use stainless steel  screws and bolts instead of the original steel fasteners wherever possible, other than that I will keep everything as stock as I possibly can.

Freshly powder coated frame, new shocks and shiny fender.

No comments:

Post a Comment