Monday, July 25, 2011

Mid Ohio Vintage Days were hot.

Extremely hot, I work outside nearly everyday and I get used to the extreme temperature differences in Indiana, but this past weekend was unbearable. I spent one day at Mid Ohio and decided I had seen enough, packed up and went home.

When I returned home I spent some time working on the 1969 Honda SL350 I recently acquired. I found a throttle diaphragm, installed it, cleaned and set the points, checked the wiring and a few other items, and it started right away. I had already cleaned the carbs and rebuilt them last week.

After a short ride it was evident that I had a fair sized oil leak on the left side. I installed a new clutch shaft seal and gear selector shaft seal, and amazingly no leaks. I rode it about 20 miles and now I have a new ride to and from the shop until winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment