Friday, July 29, 2011

Riding is and always will be fun.

I put some new dual sport tires on the 69 Honda SL350 yesterday and rebuilt the rear brake. I have ridden  it around town for a few days, so I figured it was time to venture out. I decided to call it a day around 3 o'clock today and jumped on the Honda and rode to a small motorcycle salvage yard in Ohio.
       The bike does vibrate a bit around 50 mph, so it is either 45 or 55 mph. The ride reminded me of when I used to ride my Yamaha 175 Enduro, it was only good to about 55 mph, but it was always fun. The freedom of having my own motorcycle and to be able to ride it anywhere I wanted, as long as Mom and Dad to didn't know about it. Actually I'm pretty sure they did know about everything I did, I usually told them, they gave me a lot of freedom.
      The ride was so much like riding when I was a teenager, I ran out of fuel and switched it over to reserve just like I used to. Then I ran the reserve tank dry and finished my ride, by pushing it the rest of the way home. Some things never change. That's probably the reason I enjoy riding, because no matter what changes in my life, riding my motorcycle never has.

1 comment: